On December 15th Long Division will host “For Tomorrow” at 7A Project Space in Wakefield. In this stunning, secretive space we will launch our book – “A Manifesto For A New Wakefield” which collects together work from our 2018 project of the same name, work specially commissioned by ourselves for this year’s festival (and funded by Arts Council England). The book also reflects on the emerging organisations, people and ideas that are driving Wakefield forward and working hard for our city’s tomorrow.
The event will also feature:
- A yet to be announced headline set from one of our favourite artists.
- A set from pioneering Yorkshire composer Thomas Ragsdale, who mixes cinematic electronica and soundscaping and who’s music has appeared on high profile BBC documentaries alongside the likes of Brian Eno and Aphex Twin. His collaboration with CAPA in Wakefield Cathedral at Long Division 2018 was a festival highlight.
- A pop-up bar from our great friends Jolly Boys Real Ale Cafe + food.
- A first chance to buy tickets for Long Division 2019 in a bespoke Christmas Card format.
- A chance to purchase one of our very limited run of the Manifesto book.
Tickets are available now from See Tickets and will appear in record shops soon.